In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nowhere is this more pronounced than in the discussion on global warming.
- The skin can become thicker and leathery, with more pronounced lines and in severe cases it can even crack.
- The group difference was most pronounced in tasks requiring continuation and synthesis of phonological units.
- Stronger water losses lead to even more pronounced performance reductions.
- However, the end of the Cold War gave a strong boost to a more pronounced liberal posture.
- He renders poems with pronounced literary value and a distinct aesthetic.
- That direct sunlight enters the room is clear from the bright rear wall and pronounced diagonal shadow falling from the windowsill.
- Passengers may notice this as there is a pronounced well in the cabin floor ahead of it.
- The most pronounced spectral difference is exhibited by the fluorescence peak intensity shown in Fig.5.
- The differences between plants and animals may be especially pronounced with regard to introns.
- Apparently, normalizing for the number of pawns makes the effect more pronounced.
- Driving into the city, I always notice the pronounced Christian billboard citing a biblical passage.
- If it's damp with early-morning dew, its effect is even more pronounced.
- The evidence isn't yet conclusive, but a pronounced slowdown does indeed seem to be under way.
- Flavour ranges from very mild to strong, whether harshly biting or simply with a pronounced flavour.
- Increases in loneliness and decreases in social support were particularly pronounced for the youth.
- The new field of imagery may not provoke the passions of an image war, but we are often troubled by a pronounced need to know.
- Yet even given that, his last essay is notable for a pronounced harshness of tone and approach.
- The party's openness to second preferences, more pronounced than ever before, was the real stroke of genius.
- Plastic interaction between the metal surfaces is especially pronounced when surface jetting occurs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.