In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- My piece for the local book periodical is in the electronic mail this evening; I must have proofread it about five times.
- After that, the same editor or another editor should proofread the manuscript and correct typos, grammatical errors and misspelled words.
- Even when authors carefully check their work, and editors edit it and proofreaders proofread it, things go wrong.
- Later, I applied for a job in the advertising department of a magazine, and while working there wrote some articles and proofread the magazine each month.
- He made no effort to publish them and did not bother to correct or proofread those his acting company printed.
- Such companies will translate, edit, and proofread your material, and gather it all into the proper format, usually for between 20 cents and 30 cents a word.
- It's fine to help explain an assignment or proofread an occasional paper, but make sure both of you are pulling your own weight.
- I will continue to update often since most of the other chapters are already written, but are still being proofread.
- They note that they have not been proofread, and that there may be errors in the number counts or even the voting records themselves.
- Proofread everything a hundred times and have one other person proofread it.
- I never got a chance to see layouts beforehand, approve changes, or proofread anything.
- Though I skimmed through things as I wrote it, it has not been proofread.
- Already in high school, he had indexed and proofread his father Irwin's texbook, and, by all accounts, had improved it in other nontrivial ways.
- Final drafts of essays, assignments and lab reports are reviewed and proofread by highly knowledgable graduate students with refined writing skills.
- I had a chance to proofread the book for Peter during the writing process, and I can tell you that this is the complete reference guide to all aspects of computer virus research.
- After translation into these languages, the PIE was proofread for accuracy by different professional translators in the same translation agency.
- If I had that kind of influence, all my students would do the reading every week, proofread their papers meticulously and attend every class.
- Make sure it's well written and proofread your letter carefully.
- Because of his father's occupation as a printer, Fuller developed early on a love of reading and writing, particularly when Fuller's father asked him to proofread some of his work.
- The next chapter (thirty-whatever) is in the process of being proofread.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.