In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Pharmacology Medicinefármaco profiláctico masculine
- Under these conditions antibiotics are given as a prophylactic because there is the reasonable expectation disease would occur if no action was taken.
- It was presently crammed with empty beer cans and cigarette packets and possibly a few used prophylactics.
- In recent years, strains of the disease have developed a resistance to the prescription drug and, in some pockets, resistance to other prophylactics.
- Apart from hygienic measures, homoeopathic medicines can play a marvellous role as prophylactics to control the outbreaks of such epidemic diseases.
- The clinic is not only lacking in free prophylactics, but in every aspect.
- As the primary vehicle for the sale of prophylactics, drugstores brought condoms within the reach of increasing numbers of American males.
- The doctor will also be supplying free prophylactics for the girls to use as they see fit… preferably on customers.
- Its use as a prophylactic, especially in cardiac surgery, may increase.
- More than a third of the population suffer from a virulent strain of malaria, so consult your doctor about effective prophylactics.
- The only person in our school who had the courage to own up to possession of prophylactics was one chap who drunkenly admitted possession for his night manipulations on account of his raging eczema.
- Nitrates and calcium channel blocking drugs can be tried taken sublingually for episodes of pain or orally and regularly as a prophylactic.
- Most computer-security products are sold as prophylactics: firewalls prevent network intrusions, PKI prevents impersonation, encryption prevents eavesdropping, etc.
- Clinics gave out another 600 million prophylactics a year.
- Probably in part for this reason, it chose preventable medical conditions, rather than male prophylactics, as the proper analogue for unwanted pregnancy.
- The machines will dispense the prophylactics at a price of one yuan apiece, and it is hoped that they will prove an effective tool against the nation's HIV epidemic.
- They are now self-taught experts on prophylactics and parasitic diseases.
- Quinine, as well as being used as a prophylactic against malaria, was also considered to be an appetite stimulant and a more general antidote to fever.
- It does not say that that is on the basis that it is in itself a treatment; it is saying that treatment equals prophylaxis, not that only prophylactics that are used in the course of treatment would be covered.
- Faced with an epidemic of gonorrhea and syphilis, American commanders overseas ignored domestic advice-givers and followed the French practice of providing their men with prophylactics.
- It is an anti-oestrogen widely used in the adjuvant therapy of breast cancer and is also used as a prophylactic to prevent the disease in high-risk women.
- A favourable climate makes Bankya suitable for year-round spa treatment, as well as for general prophylactics.
- The Health Minister launched the condoms a few weeks ago in an attempt to make the mass-produced prophylactics more attractive to the young.
- Fear is never a good reason to take unnecessary medication, and in this case taking the drug as a prophylactic could cause much more harm than good.
- It is also highly recommended that people take prophylactics against malaria.
- In animal experiments and observational research, vitamin E, a potent antioxidant, looks promising as a prophylactic against cardiovascular disease and cancer, but short term clinical trials have been disappointing.
- You'll need hepatitis and typhus shots, and you'll need to take malaria prophylactics while there.
- Due to their social importance, the state should pay for prophylactics, diagnostics and treatment.
- In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.
- This mechanism was not relevant in our study, inasmuch as veterans did not use any chemical warfare prophylactics.
- We also had the ‘condom’ salad, with the shrimps artfully curled to look a little like the prophylactics.
- Even midwives are being given rewards, such as cellular phones with free air time, for promoting certain brands of prophylactics.
- Like a prophylactic, it prevents certain bad things from happening while preserving most of the benefits of interaction.
- Women of childbearing age should be treated with prophylactics with caution because of the teratogenicity of most of the drugs used for this purpose.
2(condom)profiláctico masculine formalpreservativo masculinecondón masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.