In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In consequence, the author counsels vigorous treatment for psychosis and prophylaxis for those at risk of it.
- We have to distinguish between prophylaxis and prevention, and treatment.
- These surgical patients would receive our routine antibiotic prophylaxis as well as the study drug.
- Containment may not be possible without vaccination, prophylaxis or effective treatment.
- For many procedures, antibiotic prophylaxis is given during the induction of anesthesia.
- In those who are severely immunosuppressed the treatment and prophylaxis of opportunistic infections remains important.
- Should aspirin be a short term intervention after a vascular event or a long term agent for cardiovascular prophylaxis?
- The fourth reading of circumcision saw it as a form of medical prophylaxis.
- For this reason antibiotic prophylaxis during labour should be started as soon as possible after risk factors have been identified.
- Antibiotic prophylaxis is recommended for bacteremic procedures to prevent brain abscess.
- Physicians who have been exposed to a person known to have pertussis need antibiotic prophylaxis.
- Routine use of antimicrobial prophylaxis or serologic testing after a tick bite is not recommended.
- Currently, there is no vaccine for the disease, and postexposure prophylaxis is not effective.
- How can nurses plan for antibiotic prophylaxis, a role that is so important to patient safety?
- It was approved in 1993 for treatment and prophylaxis of infection in adults.
- Penicillin is the agent of choice for intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis.
- Most urologic procedures do not require preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis.
- The patient should then see a dentist immediately for splinting and antibiotic prophylaxis.
- Medical prophylaxis is effective in up to 80% of patients with recurrent calcium stones.
- They need to be backed up by drugs for prophylaxis and treatment of opportunistic infections.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.