In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We have to distinguish between prophylaxis and prevention, and treatment.
- The fourth reading of circumcision saw it as a form of medical prophylaxis.
- These surgical patients would receive our routine antibiotic prophylaxis as well as the study drug.
- Should aspirin be a short term intervention after a vascular event or a long term agent for cardiovascular prophylaxis?
- Routine use of antimicrobial prophylaxis or serologic testing after a tick bite is not recommended.
- Most urologic procedures do not require preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis.
- In those who are severely immunosuppressed the treatment and prophylaxis of opportunistic infections remains important.
- For many procedures, antibiotic prophylaxis is given during the induction of anesthesia.
- How can nurses plan for antibiotic prophylaxis, a role that is so important to patient safety?
- Penicillin is the agent of choice for intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis.
- Physicians who have been exposed to a person known to have pertussis need antibiotic prophylaxis.
- In consequence, the author counsels vigorous treatment for psychosis and prophylaxis for those at risk of it.
- They need to be backed up by drugs for prophylaxis and treatment of opportunistic infections.
- Medical prophylaxis is effective in up to 80% of patients with recurrent calcium stones.
- The patient should then see a dentist immediately for splinting and antibiotic prophylaxis.
- Antibiotic prophylaxis is recommended for bacteremic procedures to prevent brain abscess.
- Containment may not be possible without vaccination, prophylaxis or effective treatment.
- For this reason antibiotic prophylaxis during labour should be started as soon as possible after risk factors have been identified.
- Currently, there is no vaccine for the disease, and postexposure prophylaxis is not effective.
- It was approved in 1993 for treatment and prophylaxis of infection in adults.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.