In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1defensor masculinedefensora feminine
- As long as there are strong proponents of each protocol, there is a market for both.
- As both critics and proponents of devolution have pointed out, devolution is a process not an event.
- Its proponents believe that if you throw enough muck some of it will stick.
- This much would be accepted by most, if not all, proponents of coherence theories.
- First, proponents want us to believe that it will affect only a small number of people.
- As soon as proponents demonstrate that one concern is misplaced their opponents come up with another one.
- This is something that the proponents of ‘strong’ copyright would dearly love to stamp out.
- This may come as a surprise to both proponents and critics of Sweden's high-tax society.
- What's more, privatization proponents ignore the fact that bear markets can last a long time.
- It is the recognition of this that has further compelled the proponents of cosmopolitan democracy to set out their case.
- He took on proponents of women's equality by arguing that woman is not man's equal but his complement.
- Firstly, the foundations on which it rests are not as secure as some of its proponents would have us believe.
- But they were sceptical of the promises made by the proponents of the technology.
- That is what the supporters and proponents of the bill require, and it needs to proceed.
- He is of course one of the chief proponents of the libertarian view.
- These three lines of legal argument are generally linked by their proponents in human rights advocacy.
- Of course slavery and its proponents represent utter evil in the novel.
- Its proponents claim it's a difficult but liberating discipline, which can take years to learn.
- The most obvious lesson of course applies to proponents of biological control.
- It is still too early to know who might join the proponents by filing a friend of the Court amicus brief.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.