In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1propietario masculinepropietaria femininedueño masculinedueña feminine
- Its proprietors have managed to fashion a sow's ear out of a silk purse.
- Food preparation areas were kept clean but it was the surrounding areas that some restaurant and cafe proprietors overlooked.
- Talk about insurance with the proprietors of businesses similar to yours.
- When Dennis died in 1971 Mary became the sole proprietor.
- I crossed to the bar and asked the proprietor about the room.
- Each year, thousands of sole proprietors double the size of their businesses by hiring their first employee.
- If her bid stands, she could become the sole proprietor of the hotel.
- Unlike census officials, newspaper proprietors have a keen interest in counting the newspapers and the takings.
- We thank the proprietors of all the venues, whose hospitality and generosity have helped swell the coffers.
- They heard his cheerful voice coming from within as he hailed the proprietor of the establishment.
- The partners agreed to share the name, but to be sole proprietor of their own stores.
- Has he told the new proprietors how he intends to spend their money?
- Most include third party coverage - for example, if a customer sues the proprietor of a retail store.
- There are three main reasons why the same media proprietors still hold the power.
- The proprietor of the store placed a " Good manners welcomed here " sign on the door.
- In unison, we asked the proprietor how he ended up so far from his homeland.
- And so Harry became the new proprietor of the company.
- Condolences go to the proprietors of the shop who have worked so hard to make a success of it.
- And frankly, that's what the media proprietors have been saying for some time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.