In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1propietario masculinepropietaria femininedueño masculinedueña feminine
- And frankly, that's what the media proprietors have been saying for some time.
- Its proprietors have managed to fashion a sow's ear out of a silk purse.
- The partners agreed to share the name, but to be sole proprietor of their own stores.
- We thank the proprietors of all the venues, whose hospitality and generosity have helped swell the coffers.
- Has he told the new proprietors how he intends to spend their money?
- Food preparation areas were kept clean but it was the surrounding areas that some restaurant and cafe proprietors overlooked.
- In unison, we asked the proprietor how he ended up so far from his homeland.
- Each year, thousands of sole proprietors double the size of their businesses by hiring their first employee.
- Most include third party coverage - for example, if a customer sues the proprietor of a retail store.
- Condolences go to the proprietors of the shop who have worked so hard to make a success of it.
- Unlike census officials, newspaper proprietors have a keen interest in counting the newspapers and the takings.
- There are three main reasons why the same media proprietors still hold the power.
- The proprietor of the store placed a " Good manners welcomed here " sign on the door.
- When Dennis died in 1971 Mary became the sole proprietor.
- They heard his cheerful voice coming from within as he hailed the proprietor of the establishment.
- And so Harry became the new proprietor of the company.
- If her bid stands, she could become the sole proprietor of the hotel.
- I crossed to the bar and asked the proprietor about the room.
- Talk about insurance with the proprietors of businesses similar to yours.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.