In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Literatureprosa femininebefore noun prose author — prosista masculine
- prose style — estilo prosístico
- prose works — obras en prosa
- The novel's lyrical prose and descriptions are its strong points.
- The author's prose is clear and his image of Zimbabwe is accessible and understandable, if perhaps oversimplified.
- Strive for lively prose, leaning on strong verbs and sharp nouns.
- In all his writings the fruits of observation and reflection were exhibited in lucid prose.
- His lifelong concern with the South also pervades most of his non-fiction prose works.
- This is where the prose poem can develop as a major form.
- To say that a man cannot write clear prose is not necessarily to blame him.
- And these were many, written in his much admired and inimitable prose style.
- So I think people who are trying to help students genuinely write better English prose are doing a noble service.
- He points to the clear, simple prose of Ernest Hemingway and Samuel Beckett as examples of brilliant writing that is not bewildering for its complexity.
- In order to obtain formal grace, prose writers had to lessen their ambitions.
- All infused new life and elegance into Urdu prose.
- In a field that is often obscure, he was a master of lucid prose.
- But Nabokov's beauty is to be found in his stunningly original poetic prose.
- Beautifully written in lyrical prose, it includes some wonderful turns of phrase.
- The author is no great prose stylist but the writing is competent and fluent.
- The author's prose throughout the work is little short of flawless.
- His approach allowed me to see that not all food writing has to be flowery prose.
- The book is plagued by turgid prose, facile observations, and far-fetched inferences from limited evidence.
- I chose prose narrative fiction as the crucial focus of comparison and confrontation among cultures of the world.
2School Universityejercicio de traducción inversa masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.