In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fiscal feminineacusador masculineacusadora femininemasculine abogado de la acusaciónmasculine abogado de la parte querellantefeminine abogada de la acusaciónfeminine abogada de la parte querellante
- The prosecutor's office said his mother identified the body the same day.
- He said prosecutors were opening a criminal investigation into possible negligence.
- The group pledged funding to the state prosecutor's office to help it to track down the killers.
- Such proceedings are intended by the prosecutor to culminate in a confiscation order.
- Government prosecutors issued warrants for the arrest of five leading bank union officials.
- He makes it sound like the kind of thing that a prosecutor would want to prosecute.
- The French government has asked prosecutors to open a preliminary manslaughter inquiry.
- The county prosecutor is a public official, but he called these people animals and thugs.
- However, he did not respond to the summons and did not appear at the offices of the prosecutors.
- He added that the list of universities has been handed over to the prosecutor's office.
- The Paris prosecutor's office said it was closing the file into his death as a result of the police conclusions.
- Government prosecutors will now seek warrants for the arrest of the nine strike leaders.
- She did not make any public comment regarding her summons and prosecutors did not comment after she was released.
- He said that his role was as a prosecutor and ‘he wanted to prosecute’ if at all possible.
- As soon as he leaves office, prosecutors can call him to the dock.
- She says the emphasis is on police and prosecutors initiating legal action, to take pressure off the woman.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.