In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(supply)to provide sb with sth — suministrarle / proporcionarle algo a algn
- we provided them with food and blankets — los proveímos de comida y mantas
- the state provides the orchestra with funds — el estado subvenciona la orquesta
- provide yourself with suitable clothing — provéase de / procúrese ropa adecuada
- to provide sth (for/to sb/sth)
- is accommodation provided? — ¿nos (or les etc.) dan alojamiento?
- textbooks will be provided — se proporcionarán / facilitarán los libros de texto
- the garden provides enough vegetables for the family — el huerto abastece a la familia de verduras
- the company provides sports facilities for its staff — la compañía cuenta con instalaciones deportivas para uso del personal
- they are alleged to have provided arms to the rebels — se dice que (les) suministraron armas a los rebeldes
- the meeting provided an opportunity to put forward new proposals — la reunión ofreció / brindó la oportunidad de presentar nuevas propuestas
- the test results provided some clues — los resultados de las pruebas dieron / proporcionaron algunas pistas
- A top US theme park was also provided with additional power supply equipment.
- It was turned into a pond in order to provide a ready supply of water should there be a fire nearby.
- She dealt with generator problems, which provided her daily supply of fresh drinking water.
- He expressed appreciation for the medical supplies provided by Japan to Taiwan during the SARS crisis.
- They provided supplies and even guides, but they would not take up arms against the British.
- Additional monies available should be provided when the heat need is greatest.
- There is no stipend, but college credit is available and lunch is provided.
- Our aim was to raise awareness of the benefits and support available to those who provide unpaid care.
- He added that future non-vocational programmes could be provided if money became available.
- The group is active in repairing schools and providing educational supplies.
- More detailed information on the particular elements of the projects will be provided as it becomes available.
- The funds have provided a supply of sturdy refuse bags to collect the debris, as well as litter pickers for everyone taking part.
- A variety of edibles and drink was provided and Joe Morrisroe supplied the music for the occasion.
- An office, canteen, library, weigh bridge, roads and water supply connections would be provided.
- The object would not be to make money but to provide a supply of quality classic cars for them both to drive.
- Already, the school has provided clothes and supplies for the Wilkerson children.
- Royal Engineers were also looking at renovating the existing water system and providing a more reliable supply.
- Members of the Ladies Club provided a wonderful service throughout the day with refreshments available at all times.
- What childcare is available is provided informally by relatives who are prepared to assist for a few hours a day.
- Plans to provide the first gas supply to an area of Jaywick could be in the pipeline.
- This material plainly has to reach the expert and the clause provides that it should do so within a specific time limit.
- That clause provides that a car must have lamps exhibiting a white light in front and a red light in the rear.
- General Condition 32 provided that all disputes were to be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Texas.
- The mortgage provides that the mortgagor shall pay all municipal taxes as they fall due.
- It provides that it is unlawful for a public authority to act in a way which is incompatible with a Convention right.
1proveerthe Lord will provide — Dios proveerá
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.