In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
also provided that
1(+ subj) siempre que(+ subj) siempre y cuandoprovided (that) it doesn't snow — siempre y cuando no nieve
- you may go, provided (that) you're home by ten o'clock — puedes ir, siempre que / siempre y cuando estés de vuelta a las diez / a condición de que estés de vuelta a las diez
- Register Apple readers don't mind paying for something that brings utility, provided it's fast and it works.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Malton market will reopen, provided we can reasonable comply with these new conditions
- Repairs can be acceptable provided the proportions are not destroyed.
- They can now come within the new block exemption for vertical restraints, provided that the conditions therein are met.
- So most greens accept air conditioning now, provided that it is set no colder than 26 degrees.
- I am here to help you, provided you supply me with the right information.
- Gardaí consented to bail being set, provided the two defendants adhered strictly to the conditions.
- Where still in place, this material will pose no danger to health - provided it is in good condition and is not disturbed.
- The Court accepted such evidence, provided it was founded upon recognized psychiatric procedures.
- It is legal for them to do so, provided that they bring this to customers' attention before an order is placed.
- In personal and general conversation we accept all versions, provided we can understand what is being said.
- Bangalore could get back its greenery, which has brought it much fame, provided a lot of thought goes into this.
- Chandu may be put back with his mother in a couple of days, provided his condition continues to be stable.
- Namibia will be allowed to sell 10 tonnes, provided it meets the conditions set by Cites.
- The board of Aer Lingus will start looking for a buyer in the New Year, provided the unions accept the deal currently on the table.
- At each locus, polymorphism can be maintained provided that two conditions are met.
- Chemistry can become your best friend, provided you get the right guidance.
- They can contain multiple topics, provided that the well-formedness condition on the topic construction is met.
- The dairy supplied the fridge provided you sold only their brand.
- There is a strong argument for this, provided you have a basic understanding of investment markets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.