In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terreno de pruebas masculineprovincial journalism was her proving ground — hizo sus primeras armas en periódicos de provincia
- The teams also have tested three times at the Arizona proving grounds, where the cars run flat out on long, straight stretches, and they spent at least two days per team in the wind tunnel, where aerodynamic data is produced.
- The Mir orbital complex became a flight test range and proving ground for technical solutions and technologies that are now used on the international space station.
- The Register will act as a proving ground for existing copyright protection schemes and as a test bed for future technologies.
- ATK funded development and operation of the mechanical spin fixture and provided its proving grounds for spin testing.
- They might be racing on a Sunday and a test team might be at the proving grounds at Arizona.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.