In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That'd be a list not of the most linked to (the most popular, we call it), but the most provoking sites.
- Ekta Manchandan draws attention to beauty imagery clichés in a provoking series of photographs that show women applying make up in front of mirrors.
- It was like Lizzy to be so provoking to the poor young man.
- Clutching it tightly and pressing it against her chest, the lady exhaled as she attempted to rid herself of these provoking thoughts.
- The spokesman said that the advent of the colorful and provoking advertisements has increased the number of bus travelers considerably.
- The Baptist Quarterly Review, for example, declared that employers had been "arrogant and provoking" and condemned their use of private military forces to smash strikes.
- Of the 48 foods incriminated, artificial colourings and preservatives were the most common provoking substances.
- This was a most provoking part of the conference and stimulated a lengthy debate afterwards.
- It was a strange, provoking, deliberately self-contradictory tale, which instantly sparked heated commentary.
- Was it meant to be a provoking statement?
- It is a provoking visual image.
- James has some very provoking thoughts on the matter, so I'd recommend reading the whole thing.
- But according to Iraqi exiles, the jubilation in Baghdad was low key, perhaps to avoid provoking reprisals.
- Although this is provoking for us, some assistance is better than none.
- They have created an astonishing and provoking array of teapots in various media that often look nothing like a teapot in the traditional sense of the word.
- Indeed, 7 Stories has all the makings of an absurdist comedy, but beneath its veil of irreverence lurks a vehicle for lofty, provoking ideas.
- It's very provoking to me, however.
- There is much to learn in life Phil, don't be so quick to push aside the comments of others just because the words are provoking.
- I know nothing about Discordians or Discordian theory, so I am intrigued as to what it was that you found so provoking?
- "We've been covering the news for so long, our reporters know better than to have said anything that might have been incendiary or provoking," the source said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.