- The sails were red silk, the prows were adorned with carved animal heads and painted dragon eyes.
- Each boat is over l00 ft long, with arched snake-like prows, vividly decorated; crews of over 100 men row in perfect unison to age-old chants, cheered on by delirious crowds, all part of an unforgettable drama.
- A graceful and brightly painted barge with a swan's head carved on its prow sped across Lake Tallian towards Tellui the next morning.
- The menu says the property dates back to the 15th century and once belonged to a sea captain, hence the prow from a ship that surmounts the entrance door.
- Finally a sacred symbol is painted on the prow; a common one is eyes that search unceasingly for prey.
- At night, as you dine by oil lamp on kingfish, pilau rice and tropical fruits, the fishing boats set forth once more like Viking ships, their prows cutting through the waves and paddles fighting with the swell.