- The double psaltery had two ranks of strings, one on either side of the soundbox.
- The angels are playing a collection of musical instruments, including the harp, tambourine, cymbals, lyre and psaltery.
- King Nebuchadnezzar commanded everyone that at the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, psaltery, dulcimer and all kinds of music they should fall down and worship the golden image.
- Visbec watched him from the back of the wagon, where he was fitfully fixing a broken string on his psaltery.
- Some of the Jaufre Rudel pieces are unaccompanied too, but even those in which the psaltery or harp make an appearance use these instruments most sparingly.