In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We also made it clear that we would not be mentioning the artists by name and only used pseudonyms when dealing with the press.
- Printers had to settle for prosecutions if they printed seditious libel, so they either played it safe or adopted pseudonyms and fake addresses.
- The four students are not named, using pseudonyms instead.
- He has also published several thrillers under the pseudonym Dan Kavanagh.
- Aragon's writings circulated anonymously or under pseudonyms.
- It was partly for this reason that Emily Brontë published Wuthering Heights under the male pseudonym of Ellis Bell.
- In Grenoble he became a close friend of Henri Beyle, the famous French author better known by his pseudonym Stendhal.
- He's been at it for more than 10 years now under a various project names and pseudonyms, including Palace Music.
- The pseudonyms gave the sisters an aura of mystery and secrecy, so much so that some readers believed that all three were one person or that they were males.
- That's a social get-together where bloggers and readers put faces to the names and pseudonyms they've been encountering online for months.
- Priests identified only by first name have been given pseudonyms to protect their privacy.
- All of the names in this paper are pseudonyms, and I have left student texts unedited for spelling or grammar except where indicated by square brackets.
- After years of writing under pseudonyms, Smith wrote Nightwing a taut, terrifying horror novel about rabid vampire bats under his own name.
- You can write your blog using your real name or under a pseudonym if you prefer not to reveal your true identity to the outside world.
- All names are pseudonyms and details have been changed to provide anonymity.
- Some bloggers use their real names while others use pseudonyms.
- In cross-examination she denied that Reeda was fictitious or a pseudonym for someone else.
- Companies, places, and organizations are identified by their actual names, but pseudonyms are used to identify all persons mentioned in the text.
- In this analysis, I replaced any personal names with pseudonyms.
- All names are pseudonyms to protect the identity of the participants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.