In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The probability that a pneumonic illness in a budgerigar owner is due to psittacosis increases when the patient says that a pet bird has recently died.
- One species, C. psittaci, causes psittacosis (so-called parrot fever), a respiratory infection transmitted from birds to people.
- C. psittaci causes a rare disease called psittacosis (also known as ornithosis).
- Though some birds with psittacosis don't display any signs or symptoms, others lose feathers or change their eating habits.
- Exposure to the dust from nesting material and dried droppings can cause psittacosis, a respiratory disorder.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.