In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fungal rashes can sometimes be confused with other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Topical corticosteroid creams and ointments are applied to the skin to reduce inflammation in conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Psoralens sensitise the skin to ultraviolet light and are used in light therapy for vitiligo and psoriasis.
- You might scratch the skin because it is itchy due to eczema or psoriasis inside the ear.
- Oral methotrexate tablets are commonly used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and severe psoriasis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.