In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(p)siquiátricopsychiatric social worker — visitador social psiquiátrico masculine Latin America
- No severe psychiatric illness was observed except for one patient with schizophrenia.
- It emerged that Sharpe had a history of mental instability and had had psychiatric treatment.
- He had a history of psychiatric problems and was on medication for manic depression.
- Mr Weston has a psychiatric history and was receiving daily treatment for schizophrenia.
- He was currently unemployable and had received psychiatric treatment for depression.
- Except for suffering from a psychiatric disorder, the patients were generally healthy.
- Faughey lived in the care home next door but one and had been receiving psychiatric treatment.
- Hutchins is on remand in a secure psychiatric unit while doctors assess his mental condition.
- An inquiry is standard practice in cases when a psychiatric patient has killed someone.
- He was taken more or less at birth from his mother, who was by then a patient in a psychiatric hospital.
- A psychiatric patient may have died as part of a suicide pact with another patient, an inquest heard.
- In free societies only psychiatric patients are routinely treated against their will.
- He has rarely competed this season and is receiving psychiatric treatment for depression.
- He was accused of smoking cannabis on tour and once ended up in a psychiatric ward after an emotional breakdown.
- She was also interested in family planning and coping with psychiatric disorders.
- No doubt a well-timed psychiatric referral of a suicidal patient can sometimes save a life.
- Compulsory admission to a secure facility for psychiatric treatment may be necessary.
- In other cases the appropriate psychiatric diagnostic category is a somatoform disorder.
- In high functioning autism the risk of psychiatric disorders is also increased.
- His injuries have forced him to take early retirement and he now receives psychiatric treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.