In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If psychiatry is to move forward it is necessary, but not sufficient, to resist state coercion and to listen to patients.
- Community psychiatry is the victim of too many strong opinions.
- The Jungian approach to treatment is, again, very different from conventional psychiatry.
- Hypochondria today lies in the domain of psychology and psychiatry.
- In this country, we fear psychiatry and we fear that it is the peddling ground for pharmaceutical giants.
- Science is sometimes an art, and psychiatry I would say is as much an art as it is a science.
- Joze was a leading figure in the field of psychiatry of learning disability.
- In psychiatry different paradigms and approaches to treatment are hotly contested.
- However, there is a clear conflation of psychiatry / medicine with basic biology.
- Psychotherapy may be in conflict with biomedical psychiatry in its conceptualisation of mental illness.
- In modern psychiatry ECT and psychosurgery are used in a much more discriminate and refined manner.
- Biological psychiatry and psychology need to rediscover the question of cure.
- Psychology may have little to gain but much to lose in becoming more like psychiatry.
- American psychiatry is said to have changed from blaming the mother to blaming the brain.
- Like every other medical science, psychiatry is there to help people, and is built around the scientific method.
- One of the real tasks in psychiatry is to be able to sit with and experience people in their entirety, and not as a set of boxes.
- Freud, the father of psychiatry believed that there is a competition between a son and a father.
- They entered psychology or psychiatry with an interest in understanding people's behaviour.
- My interest in psychiatry didn't begin with an interest in brain biology.
- Treatment of psychiatry is not altering the biochemistry of the brain, it's also healing the soul.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.