In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In modern psychiatry ECT and psychosurgery are used in a much more discriminate and refined manner.
- American psychiatry is said to have changed from blaming the mother to blaming the brain.
- Like every other medical science, psychiatry is there to help people, and is built around the scientific method.
- One of the real tasks in psychiatry is to be able to sit with and experience people in their entirety, and not as a set of boxes.
- Biological psychiatry and psychology need to rediscover the question of cure.
- In this country, we fear psychiatry and we fear that it is the peddling ground for pharmaceutical giants.
- If psychiatry is to move forward it is necessary, but not sufficient, to resist state coercion and to listen to patients.
- Psychology may have little to gain but much to lose in becoming more like psychiatry.
- Community psychiatry is the victim of too many strong opinions.
- In psychiatry different paradigms and approaches to treatment are hotly contested.
- However, there is a clear conflation of psychiatry / medicine with basic biology.
- Hypochondria today lies in the domain of psychology and psychiatry.
- They entered psychology or psychiatry with an interest in understanding people's behaviour.
- Freud, the father of psychiatry believed that there is a competition between a son and a father.
- Psychotherapy may be in conflict with biomedical psychiatry in its conceptualisation of mental illness.
- My interest in psychiatry didn't begin with an interest in brain biology.
- Joze was a leading figure in the field of psychiatry of learning disability.
- Treatment of psychiatry is not altering the biochemistry of the brain, it's also healing the soul.
- The Jungian approach to treatment is, again, very different from conventional psychiatry.
- Science is sometimes an art, and psychiatry I would say is as much an art as it is a science.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.