- Weaver expresses concern that concomitant depression and use of psychoactive drugs might have influenced the results, given the large percentage of suicide attempts in our cohort of patients.
- In this study, opioids, other psychoactive medications and dehydration were the most frequent causes of reversible delirium.
- Many smokers, however, find it impossible to quit, even with help, because of their dependence on nicotine, which is a highly addictive psychoactive drug.
- Illicit psychoactive drugs agitate minds and arouse passions even among non-users.
- Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.