In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When behaviourism became the dominant paradigm, there were still psychoanalysts probing the depths of the psyche.
- As psychoanalysts we tend to think of death and loss and separation as states of mind to be addressed in the work of mourning rather than in ritual actions
- Even what we psychoanalysts come across in our consulting rooms is a vast range of disorders, which for the sake of simplicity we call psychotic.
- Yet, clinical psychologists and psychoanalysts, who might best distinguish traumatic behavior, are not trained in the analysis of society or culture.
- The influence of European child psychoanalysts such as Hermine Hug-Hellmuth, Anna Freud and Melanie Klein became pervasive in this country.
- Both traumas require proactive engagement of family members and interpretive actions of psychotherapists and psychoanalysts that open the self to witness and acknowledgment.
- His drive to explore the internal world met with the same opposition and hostility as those of us who study the impact and implications of contextual/boundary situations meet from psychoanalysts themselves.
- She is a psychoanalyst and practicing therapist who works primarily with survivors of rape and sexual violence.
- To manage to live through such destructive attacks requires knowing who we are and what we stand for, as individual psychoanalysts and as a multilingual, multifaceted movement that speaks in many voices.
- What were the main theories of infancy which psychoanalysts had developed, based on their clinical sensitivity and intuition, by the time the trickle of infant research became a flood in the 70s?
- For example, Freud analysed his own daughter Anna over a period of several years, a flagrant violation of psychoanalytic principles which most psychoanalysts would condemn.
- So I suppose I've been sitting here, sorting out what do I do as a pastoral carer that is different to what a psychotherapist or a psychoanalyst does.
- Computational theories of emotion seem to have been particularly attractive to psychiatrists and psychoanalysts.
- Contemporary psychoanalysts are concerned also with perverse states of mind and feeling which are directed towards damaging a good and creative conjunction in work and understanding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.