In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Miller, an APA president in 1969, has been an innovator in the study of language and cognition, helping to establish psycholinguistics as an independent field of research in psychology.
- His research interests include developmental psycholinguistics, psychology of language, and developmental psychology.
- There are few, too few, working linguists who have a good command of the various subdisciplines of the field, such as psycholinguistics, historical linguistics, theory of grammar, etc.
- The question of why verbs and pronouns tend to vary in the extent to which they agree with collective nouns is a topic of some interest in psycholinguistics.
- The framework of Baddeley's research has played a central role in the development of theories in cognitive psychology, psycholinguistics, cognitive neuroscience and cognitive aging.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.