In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For a long time we wanted to believe that here we were dealing with abnormal monsters, psychopaths, or mentally defective, even psychotic individuals.
- One study found a greater proportion of psychopaths in sex offenders who had assaulted and/or unlawfully confined female prison staff members than in a sample of the general sex offender population.
- The majority of offenders with an APD diagnosis on file were in fact psychopaths, once more highlighting the asymmetric association between these two disorders.
- Studying the statements of violent criminal psychopaths sheds light on their striking and specific vulnerability and emotional pain.
- Will it some day be possible to genetically engineer violent psychopaths?
- Though diagnosed as a psychopath and then as suffering from hysterical amnesia - which he later said he faked - no one ever considered Hess clinically insane.
- Stuart Kinner is interested in an evolutionary model of psychopathy, a sort of disturbing explanation that says psychopaths exist because they're well-adapted to our society.
- Nigel Eastman believes that even if neuroscientists could prove that psychopaths had abnormal brains, they'd still be left with the inconvenient fact that nobody seems to know quite what a psychopath is in the first place.
- They told him that a violent psychopath had escaped from the local mental institution.
- Stuart Kinner analyzes psychopaths, a mere one percent of the population who account for more than half of serious crimes.
- Some psychopaths are aggressive and commit violent crimes, other psychopaths are non-aggressive. Many other persistent criminals are said to have personality defects.
- Cult leaders are usually psychopaths with a desire for power and often take ideas from politics, religion and psychology to fulfill their purpose, he said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.