- The nature of the hypotheses varies widely depending upon which theory of psychotherapy and psychopathology the clinician applies.
- In the 1960s, his research on schizophrenia set the standard for twin studies of psychopathology.
- Most studies of psychopathology focus on individual disorders and screen out comorbid cases to reduce diagnostic heterogeneity.
- According to cognitive theories of psychopathology, specific cognitive factors as identified here should be uniquely associated with particular emotional states or disorders.
- His research interests include the treatment of pathological gambling, gambling-related cognitive psychopathology, and concurrent disorders among gamblers.