- The suggestion that Viagra might put psychosexual therapists out of business has proved false.
- Where Freud was wrong was in making psychosexual development so central that all other forms of social and emotional development were conceived as being derived from it.
- The therapy allowed the children to literally achieve identity and psychosexual advances and growth that resulted in ego-strengthening and increased sense of autonomy and personal worth.
- The interviews included questions about psychosexual development, and some of the men mentioned early sexual experiences with adults, with various emotional reactions.
- Freud focused on psychosexual development, seeing adolescence as a recapitulation of the development of sexual awareness in infancy.