In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One simply cannot equate psychotic disturbances which alter the entire personality with physical diseases.
- I was about to turn into a crazy psychotic lunatic and there was nothing I could do to stop myself.
- Though he was incoherent and loud, at times my impression was that he was not psychotic or manic.
- The help received at this temple served as an alternative to clinical psychiatric treatment for these people with psychotic illness.
- The mean decrease in the severity of psychotic symptoms and EPS favored risperidone.
- As well as symptoms of panic, these nine patients all had overt psychotic symptoms and behavioural disturbance.
- Excessive doses produce hyperactivity, paranoia and other psychotic symptoms.
- Child abuse seems to be particularly related to psychotic symptoms and diagnoses of schizophrenia.
- The only safety issue seems to be in seriously disturbed patients, in whom meditation may trigger psychotic episodes.
- We found very little evidence of psychiatric illness, none of the subjects had psychotic disorders for example.
- One of the most disenfranchised groups in health care is older people with psychotic disorders.
- She is a deeply disturbed, psychotic individual, whose case should never have gone to trial.
- Edwin was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and marijuana induced psychotic disorder.
- Enrique's face is twisted into a rictus grin, and he lets out the unmistakable chortle of sheer psychotic derangement.
- I must say that some of the emails I get from Leftists do have all the hallmarks of psychotic thought disorder.
- Has the Minister seen studies or reports that link cannabis use with psychotic symptoms or mental health disorders?
- Celebrity stalkers are usually found in the love obsessional group, a high proportion of whom suffer from psychotic illnesses.
- One of their sons suffered from schizophrenia and was prone to violent psychotic episodes.
- I know I know I get all kinds of strange paranoid psychotic dreams when I am in a bad mood.
- Terror always has its roots in hysteria and psychotic insecurity; still, we should know our enemy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.