In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pubertad feminineto reach puberty — llegar a / alcanzar la pubertad
- The onset of acne is usually around puberty, but in a minority of cases it may also start in adulthood.
- Times have changed; many girls are now reaching puberty at Primary School.
- Our study indicates that puberty may also be a highly vulnerable period.
- Islam requires women to cover all parts of their body except their face and hands when they reach puberty.
- The possibility that puberty is occurring earlier in Britain than previously has caused great interest.
- Central to this are the sex hormones, which are produced at puberty.
- An increase in physical size is the first sign of puberty in boys.
- In a few cases these feelings continue and so the physical effects of puberty can be very distressing and confusing.
- Then, girls reach puberty before boys and so are more mature in their both their approach to learning and ability to learn.
- During puberty or nearing menopause, many women have irregular periods so no treatment is necessary.
- Generally, girls reach puberty approximately six months to a year earlier than boys.
- If you have not shown any signs of puberty by the age of fifteen, it is a good idea to visit your GP for a check-up.
- Some children grow slightly more slowly than others and reach puberty later than average.
- The onset of puberty appears to be triggered by changes in the blood melatonin level.
- During the years between puberty and the menopause, women's ovaries make a hormone called oestrogen.
- As puberty begins, your body begins to produce hormones that cause your eggs to mature.
- Now the gymnasts for instance have been shown to have delayed menarche and also delayed puberty.
- The magnitude of the difference rises substantially after puberty, but the reason for this change is unclear.
- This is quite common in adolescents and is often first noted at the onset of puberty.
- Significant differences in the timing of the onset of puberty between populations are well known.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.