In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(bone/region) pubiano(hair) púbico(hair) pubiano
- Hair begins to appear in the pubic area and later it grows on the face and underarms.
- Woods and bushes, predictably enough, symbolized pubic hair in both sexes.
- Are there any health benefits or safety issues to removing your pubic hair?
- The prostate gland is about the size of a walnut and is located below the bladder, between the pubic bone and the rectum.
- People can be infested with three types of lice: body lice, head lice and crab or pubic lice.
- Once girls become sexually mature, the outer labia and the mons pubis are covered by pubic hair.
- The bladder is a muscular bag situated in the midline of the pelvis at the lowest point in the abdomen, immediately behind the pubic bone.
- In some cases this is not necessary as the symptoms will be conclusive, such as with pubic lice.
- Often the cyst can be removed with only small incisions in the pubic hair line.
- Pubic lice live in hair in the pubic area and can also sometimes live in body hair, eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Chest hair, pubic hair, leg hair all fine with me, but underarm hair, well, no.
- For this operation, a larger cut is made across the top of the pubic hairline to give the surgeon better access to the cyst.
- When my first son was born my wife was given an enema and had her pubic hair shaved.
- He carefully dried his pubic hair and groin and briskly scrubbed his torso.
- Groups of friends lay semi supine, tufts of pubic hair stirring in the sea breeze.
- The rectus abdominis runs from the top of the pubic bone to the sternum and lower three ribs.
- And besides - do we really need to raise another generation of men who can't deal with pubic hair?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.