In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sistema de megafonía masculinemegafonía femininealtavoces masculinealtoparlantes masculine Latin America
- He came onto the public address system and said he had some good news and some bad news.
- The periodical announcement over the public address system about the services available brings more people here.
- Every year, the youth start off on their bicycles, which are fitted with a public address system, and visit even the remote corners of the State, to spread the message of communal harmony.
- They will now be supported by the new public address system - with loud speakers placed strategically on cameras throughout the city centre.
- For example, if they go to a meeting, they should strongly suggest that the speaker use a public address system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.