In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)sociedad cotizada en bolsa feminine
- This is the annual growth of earnings per share of present public companies plus the dividend yield.
- The government's main sources of revenue are taxes (direct and indirect), national insurance charges, and trading surpluses of the public corporations.
- The arrangement for security depends on whether the borrower is a public corporation, a private company, an unincorporated trader, or a person borrowing for private purposes.
- Most public companies have a holding company and subsidiaries.
- At stake is the future of the world's second most important market trading shares in public companies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.