- However, the attractions of the public house or beerhouse was not merely to play darts, crib or dominoes.
- This building, located on Dublin Street, enjoys a strong trade as both a public house and hotel.
- The family has been based in London for a number of years and they ran a number of successful public houses, including the famous Archway Tavern in North London.
- Some parks and roads have been named after him and there is a public house named the Daylight Inn.
- As with so many good ideas in this little country of ours the seeds were sown over a couple of pints in a local public house.
- He thus adduced from the landlord evidence that she was a well-known troublemaker in local public houses.
- Narberth boasted at least two dozen public houses through the 19th century - ranging from terraced ale-houses to coaching inns.
- They all confirmed that they had not been into the public house opposite the hotel at any time.
- Recently my wife and I visited a local public house for a meal.
- However, said the report, the wider area contains a number of public houses and other local facilities.
- Public health groups want to make the city the first in Britain to prohibit smoking in all workplaces - including bars, cafes, nightclubs and public houses.
- Once they have been paid, they will head straight for the nearest public house and a pint of best bitter.
- Sunday was still a day of tranquillity and gloom when the trains did not run, and shops and theatres were closed, as also were public houses in Wales and Scotland.
- The smoking ban has caused little trouble in our local public houses.
- In public houses, appropriate etiquette includes not gesturing for service.
- The members met monthly in a local public house to transact business and have a convivial time.
- Originally public houses were meeting places in towns and villages for local businessmen but with advent of large commercial chains many of the small pubs have closed.
- It won't be long before Swindon consists of nothing but public houses and hotels.
- The local public houses have received threatening letters.
- Sometimes she would go to the local public house and make some sandwiches.