In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)feminine sociedad anónima
- Hopefully by the end of the year we will be established as a public limited company.
- Under the rules of free-market capitalism and public limited companies, Glazer simply cannot be stopped.
- In case of public limited companies, shareholders, who are counted as actual owners of the enterprises, also add to the list of losers.
- He must be the only chief executive of a public limited company in Ireland to sit in open plan space.
- Its long-held image of benevolent inefficiency has dogged it ever since it was incorporated into a public limited company.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.