1(esp in UK)fiscal masculine
- The public prosecutors with jurisdiction over the matter didn't treat the incidents so lightly.
- The public prosecutor stated they were wrongfully arrested and he could not take the case to court.
- A mock public prosecutor was appointed, and the proceedings were broadcast on the radio.
- Only the magistrate, public prosecutors, the suspects and the grandmother of the minor were allowed in court.
- In Scotland the procurator fiscal, who is the public prosecutor, identifies potential psychiatric cases.