In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1obras públicas feminine
- Work on sewers, roads and other public works accounted for some of the more expensive costs.
- Libraries, county offices, public works and hospitals were shut down in rotating order.
- The proceeds from meters and fines currently go into public works such as footpaths, roads and drainage.
- But his main concern was increased expenditure on road infrastructure and public works.
- Better roads in cities that receive heavier rains are testimony to the fact that blaming the rains is a lame excuse for poor quality of public works.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.