In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fruncirarrugarthe baby puckered (up) its face and began to cry — el niño hizo pucheros / morritos y se echó a llorar
- Again my fingers passed her lips and they puckered.
- Her lips puckered for a moment before breaking into a sneer.
- Lip lady is puckering fast and furious now and is just about to give up when a yellowed, wrinkled paper falls out from the pile she is holding.
- His eyes opened wide and his lips puckered in a spit.
- His lips puckered and a short, sharp burst of air came forth.
- Livi's neighbor's brow puckered thoughtfully as she read the instructor's criticisms.
- Use of thicker sheets in fully adhered membranes helps resist puckering and wrinkling.
- But ask not for whom the lips pucker, they pucker for thee.
- Ryan found himself smiling as he just watched her inhale and then exhale her dark red lips puckering and then opening wide.
- The cherry lips puckered and the brows drew together as she struggled to remember, and I smiled slightly.
- And then, one night, as I put my four year old to bed, I sat next to her and watched the slowing calm of her familiar breathing, her rounded cheeks and lips puckering in and out, as she lay in a cocooned slumber that only a child can know.
- Smokers often end up with telltale lines around their lips (created by repeated lip puckering while inhaling), but the damage doesn't stop there.
1arrugarseher brow puckered in a worried frown — frunció el ceño preocupada
- pucker up! — dame un beso
1feminine arrugamasculine fruncemasculine fruncimiento
- There's the sour pucker on a snow lynx, a soulful pout on a groundhog, and a demonic stare on a giant panda.
- He told reporters at the weekend that the bulge was nothing more than a pucker along the jacket's seam when the president crossed his arms and leaned forward.
- The eye asks if the green, frilled geranium puckers, clustered at angles on each stem, are similar enough to stop time.
- In the earliest stages of embryo development, when there are only a few cells and the embryo resembles a tiny globe of cells, a small pucker develops on one side of the embryo.
- High cheekbones and lips that always seemed to be on the cusp of a pucker.
- There you have it - a perfect pucker for any kiss.
- Any tea-stained paper may dry with puckers or curled edges.
- The result is that once your quilt is washed, the fabrics will exert their own shrinking personality, and you will have a quilt that has puckers - and some patches will pucker more than others.
- His bible-infused speeches have become as commonplace as his chimp-like pucker.
- Byrd brings her lessons to us in this book full of tips and exercises to perk up your pucker.
- Cording pintucks helps eliminate puckers and raises pintucks on heavier fabrics.
- But sometimes we get frustrated by puckers at the point of the dart.
- The stunned looks on the faces of the audience caused her to lose her pucker, proving that you can't whistle and laugh at the same time.
- His tailor was trotted out to say it was just a seam pucker.
- Snug each stitch down just until it flattens to the surface; pulling the yarn too tight will create puckers.
- She said this while pressing both sides of his cheeks in a grotesque pucker.
- After all, when you're a spy, what's most important is not to inform congressional overseers or educate the American people about intelligence - it's to keep your pucker.
- Her fingers are as light as the puckers in her silks.
- ‘Thank you,’ says the bartender, who does pride himself on his perfect pucker.
- Your permanent pucker deserves full points because it's just so cute!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.