1fiebre puerperal feminine
- The boy lived, but his mother contracted puerperal fever, and died six days later in delirium.
- Most of these deaths resulted from puerperal fever, a bacterial infection of the uterus.
- Mary, the third daughter in a family that eventually numbered fifteen children, was a vulnerable six years old when her mother died of puerperal fever - what this generation called the childbirth fevers.
- I was barely a week old when she passed, you know; puerperal fever, I think it was - blood poisoning.
- Washing hands with chlorinated water was not high tech in the nineteenth century, but it was effective in reducing sepsis and puerperal fever.