In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1poder masculinepoderío masculine
- Increasingly, celebrities are using their media clout and general popularity to gain political puissance.
- I believe that this divinity, is a result of a puissance that is present in every particle, the rhythm of creation.
- But their puissance cannot conceal their incurable inferiority.
- All three sections begin powerfully and carry that puissance - and often it's not a force that we nor the narrator can control - throughout the section.
- A combination of apparently unlimited electoral puissance and an underlying lack of both intellectual self-confidence and political principle has destabilised him.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.