In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hermosura femininebelleza feminine
- Tearing my eyes away from this vision of male pulchritude, I notice yet another Gable.
- The availability of steaming pulchritude has always been a magnetic feature of college life but I never thought that it would be emphasized in recruiting literature.
- Camp lovers and connoisseurs of buxom pulchritude may find these worth a peek.
- Female news readers tend to get the sack when they have passed the stage of pulchritude.
- Attracted in turn to the youthful pulchritude of Laura and Claire, he describes his obsession for the latter as ‘pure desire in a void’, but it is a contrived passion that could be more aptly characterised as devoid of pure desire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.