In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her awards include the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize and the Pulitzer Prize.
- Each year, a Pulitzer Prize is awarded to the best journalistic photograph or series of photographs.
- In a highly competitive field such as newspaper journalism, where a Pulitzer Prize may be one story away, pride can also get in the way of reason.
- She was also awarded the Bollingen Prize, the National Book Award, and the Pulitzer Prize for her Collected Poems.
- The opera played to packed houses and rave reviews in New York and won a Pulitzer Prize for its composer.
- Un premio de gran prestigio establecido en 1917, por Joseph Pulitzer, director de periódico y editor, que se otorga anualmente por los éxitos más destacados en el mundo del periodismo, la literatura y la música norteamericanos. Cada año se entregan trece premios.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.