In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In a highly competitive field such as newspaper journalism, where a Pulitzer Prize may be one story away, pride can also get in the way of reason.
- She was also awarded the Bollingen Prize, the National Book Award, and the Pulitzer Prize for her Collected Poems.
- The opera played to packed houses and rave reviews in New York and won a Pulitzer Prize for its composer.
- Each year, a Pulitzer Prize is awarded to the best journalistic photograph or series of photographs.
- Her awards include the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize and the Pulitzer Prize.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.