In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suéter masculinepulóver masculinejersey masculine Spainbuzo masculine Uruguaychompa feminine Peruchomba feminine Chile
- Old-school styling is revamped - prints in a frayed vintage typography, combinations featuring short sleeves over long sleeved garments and hooded pullovers are part of this style.
- From crew to V-necks and turtlenecks, any of these pullovers are sure to help you keep warm and look great, whether with a pair of tweed pants or jeans.
- Choose pullovers with a small V-neck that draw the eye down, rather than a round neck, which creates a broader shoulder line.
- Knitting pullovers for the family is old hat for Mary Johnstone.
- Instead of their blouses they're wearing thick polo neck pullovers… instead of the mini skirts, trousers of course, and to finish the look, huge heavy work boots.
- This season, chunky pullovers and zip or wrap cardigans with classic snowflake or reindeer motifs are sure to warm the hearts of even the burliest men.
- But in reality, knitwear is so much more than that - it includes a wide array of pullovers, turtlenecks and cardigans, among other items.
- Rather than waste suitcase space on wrinkle-resistant items like pullovers or sweatshirts, use the travel case.
- With winter at its peak, the sari can be teamed even with woollen blouses and pullovers.
- Despite his devout Muslim beliefs, he did not wear traditional clothes, preferring instead denim jeans and pullovers in order to merge with the bustling background.
- My mother-in-law knitted me pullovers, which went right up to the neck.
- Everyone around is wearing colourful sweaters, cardigans and pullovers.
- Now, you just cannot stand the sight of those woollen pullovers, the windcheaters.
- Its new girls' wear range for spring features lots of floral prints on dresses and capris as well as bold stripes on sweaters and fleece pullovers.
- All the clothing vendors rapidly sold out of sweatshirts, fleece pullovers and other warm gear.
- So, head straight for sweaters, pullovers, and shawls.
- Nor will it be available to anyone on the extreme fringes of environmentalism who lives in a hut in the woods with a wind-up generator and knits pullovers from vegetable peelings.
- Not to spook you or anything, but your cashmere hoodies and wool pullovers could be premiering in their own little horror flick as we speak.
- For the rest of us, cardigans and pullovers should do unless a blazer or suit is demanded by the occasion.
- I saw tables where there used to be desks, funky sweatshirts instead of grey pullovers, and a class full of smiling schoolchildren learning about Mondrian on laptops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.