In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pulmonarpulmonary artery — arteria pulmonar feminine
- pulmonary edema — edema pulmonar
- A blockage in the lungs is called pulmonary embolism and can cause of sudden, unexpected death.
- Studies in the lung have focused mainly on the regeneration of pulmonary epithelium.
- Replacement of the aortic and pulmonary valves with the pulmonary autograft.
- Most patients had severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on British Thoracic Society criteria.
- This can lead to an increase in pulmonary capillary pressure that is sufficient to induce pulmonary congestion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.