In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I've never liked putting closing punctuation inside quotation marks.
- It was obviously a well thought out text, it even had punctuation - well a full stop.
- Winter might last only one day - a minor punctuation in a long sentence of heat.
- He stood straight up from his task on the deck of his boat, a mark of punctuation for his words.
- Be careful about your use of punctuation, particularly exclamation points.
- There are no back slashes nor punctuation to mark the end of the assignment.
- The comma thing does make me aware how much I use punctuation in general and commas specifically for intonation in my writing.
- In the realm of punctuation, a comma is used for a brief pause, a semicolon for a more moderate pause, and a period as a full stop.
- Sadly these days, the problem is not really just one of bad punctuation but of bad writing in general.
- I support and uphold the norms of standard written English in spelling, punctuation, word usage and grammar.
- However, the reverse is not true: if a spoken text is written down, the position of many tone-group boundaries cannot be marked by punctuation.
- Of course the rules of grammar and punctuation add to an understanding of the text, that can't be denied.
- Team leaders randomly listen into calls to assess the emotions conveyed, accent, alertness, grammar and punctuation.
- It reviews the parts of speech and teaches the parts of a sentence and punctuation.
- The grammar and punctuation in these messages is appalling, and the spelling is what I've come to expect from the comprehensive system these days.
- Now with the typed word and quick messages, that measure is simply the ability to use proper grammar and punctuation.
- As a former teacher I can state that verbal literacy did not come from numerous lessons in grammar, punctuation, spelling and usage.
- I will insist on writing in proper sentences and using proper punctuation.
- Attention to grammar, punctuation, spelling and style is expected.
- The writing collapses into incoherent ranting, lacking grammar or punctuation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.