1multa impuesta como castigo ejemplar
- The Law Commission emphasised that an award of punitive damages should be seen as a remedy of last resort.
- Exemplary damages or punitive damages, the terms are synonymous, stand apart from awards of compensatory damages.
- In my view, the case at bar is one where punitive damages must be awarded because of the conduct of all Defendants.
- The plaintiff recovered punitive damages in the cause now in issue, the total award exceeding one million dollars.
- The Court has thus confirmed that punitive damages can be awarded in the absence of an accompanying tort.