In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1multa impuesta como castigo ejemplar
- The Law Commission emphasised that an award of punitive damages should be seen as a remedy of last resort.
- Exemplary damages or punitive damages, the terms are synonymous, stand apart from awards of compensatory damages.
- In my view, the case at bar is one where punitive damages must be awarded because of the conduct of all Defendants.
- The plaintiff recovered punitive damages in the cause now in issue, the total award exceeding one million dollars.
- The Court has thus confirmed that punitive damages can be awarded in the absence of an accompanying tort.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.