In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1convertirse en crisálida
- Larvae pupate in the soil and adults emerge from mid-July to August.
- After approximately three weeks of feeding in the spring, they pupate and emerge as adults about 10 days later.
- After the third week all mines were left covered until the larvae pupated, at which time the leaves were picked and placed in corked glass tubes, and reared in an outside insectary.
- Each colony consists of up to several hundred siblings that remain together for nearly a year, pupating as a group and then transforming into butterflies while still sequestered in the nest.
- Last-instar larvae pupated on the branches of the trees.
- After reaching the 4th instar, the larva pupates and, later, transforms into an adult that is ready to emerge from the seed.
- Fifth instar caterpillars pupate under rocks or in the litter beneath host plant patches in mid-June to mid-July.
- Eventually these larvae pupated later without mortality, leaving behind severely damaged plants.
- Juvenile thrips molt through two stages, or instars, before pupating.
- After hatching, the larvae grow for three or four weeks and then pupate.
- Between ten and twelve days later the worker dies as the parasitic larvae pupate inside its body.
- In both years, the brood and the queens were frozen when the brood had pupated.
- A larva moves to the edge of a leaf before it pupates, and the leaf curls around the pupa.
- The larvae enter the host, feed, and grow, and after approximately 7-10 days they emerge and pupate, killing the cricket.
- When the larvae hatch, she will feed them chewed-up caterpillars until they are ready to pupate.
- Eventually the parasitic caterpillar pupates, later emerging as an adult butterfly.
- Larvae pupate in the seed and emerge as adults from late September to November.
- Firefly larvae pupate in late spring within an igloo-shaped underground chamber.
- Next spring, the larvae pupate and emerge in late May or early June as beetles that live 2 to 4 weeks.
- The wasp pupates within the host integument and, in the Åland islands, emerges as an adult in June while the host butterflies are adults.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.