In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(marionette)marioneta femininetítere masculinebefore noun puppet show — función de marionetas / de títeres feminine
- His innovative use of string puppets and model special effects made the series a huge hit.
- The result is that one puppeteer can control multiple puppets in multiple mediums.
- He stuck five of them inside the puppet's head to operate it by hand.
- In Admiralty Square three puppets in a puppet theatre come to life: Petrushka, the Ballerina, and the Moor.
- Stick a washed lolly stick to the back of the card and use it to move the puppet around.
- The string puppets of Tamil Nadu are the largest and the heaviest when compared to the string puppets of the other State.
- We believe in the puppet as a completely separate entity from the puppeteer.
- Names are written on masking tape which is placed inside the puppets for easy identification.
- From shadow puppets to puppets on a string, the emphasis this year is on visual theatre.
- Well-crafted in every aspect, the tale of Pinocchio is told using puppets and live actors, in mask or out.
- There is effective use of puppets and perspective with the library stairs, and some clever lighting effects and physical comedy.
- The film doesn't attempt to pretend that these aren't puppets, their strings are integral to who they are and are a key part of the story.
- In some cases, large animal puppets are completely made of celluloid because of its greater stiffness.
- In fact, puppets and strings play no part in the show, which instead uses lights to help project the duo's efforts on to a large screen.
- The puppeteer sits in back of a white screen and moves the puppets to act out stories.
- Little Stevie plays with his strings and paper puppets he made himself.
- The critics at Bombay Dreams all mentioned the fountain scene, for The Lion King it was the amazing effects and animal puppets.
- Bunraku puppets are not manipulated by strings from above a small stage window.
- If you have puppets or stuffed animals, make a little play and use very, very silly voices.
- Youngsters can read and listen to stories with their parents and then act them out using puppets and soft toys.
1.2(for hand)títere masculine
- He could see the malevolent grin upon her lips as she snarled up at the man that was a puppet upon her strings.
- He was like a puppet without strings now, just sitting there, staring out the window.
- Heads would bob and shoulders would shake like puppets on strings under Goldfrapp's control.
- He refused to sell his soul to the powers, he refused to be used as a puppet by those who control boxing.
- Stars exploded in his vision and he collapsed like a puppet with the strings cut.
- One by one, each of the guards fell to their knees and then down on their faces like puppets with their strings cut.
- What people don't realise is that she is not just a puppet on a string.
- Nicholas is just a pawn, a puppet for Wilson and that is just a temporary situation until Wilson is ready to strike.
- They yanked on her chains forcing her to bend and twist at their will like a puppet on strings.
- In the end, we all have to ask, are we simply puppets whose strings are being pulled by unseen forces?
- He also wrote an autobiographical novel in the cruel and sentimental manner: characters as puppets on a string.
- It is about leading one's own life. It is about not being the puppet or the slave of the choices and desires of others.
- They pose like Barbie dolls (sometimes literally) or puppets with strings broken.
- Again, the elastic smile. She felt like a puppet whose mouth strings were being pulled.
- In this role, they often seemed like puppets on the strings of price.
- She was remembering how he had played her like a rag puppet being controlled by strings.
- Why did fate like to toy with their puppet strings so often, taking joy to their misery?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.