In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Among side dishes, though, the truffle creamed spinach was dank with cream and the fingerling-potato puree was so heavily salted, we had to sample it with a teaspoon.
- It is perfect and subtle stuff: smoky from the eggplant's grill-induced char, with a light, nubbly texture more interesting than a resolutely smooth puree's.
- Among the cold dishes were rare beef fillet on olive bread with red pepper confit, and grilled aubergine rolled around chickpea puree and harissa.
- Opt instead for plain yoghurt which you have combined with fruit puree or jam yourself; or add a small pack of raisins or dried apricots instead.
- When the syrup has cooled, mix it with the fruit puree, reserved seeds and lemon juice.
- Add the chickpeas and greens along with the Basic Curry sauce, tomato puree and salt.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, add the anchovies, tomato puree, crushed garlic and olive paste, and stir until it sizzles.
- The claque of vegetarians at the table enjoyed a dish of sweetly tangy braised endives with chestnut purée, but a wispy open ravioli with chanterelles tasted mostly of sweet corn and bubbles.
- The beverage is made from Fair Trade certified oolong tea with black tea and organic peach puree.
- The porcini and miso broth now has enough heft to match the formidable sweet-potato purée in the dumplings.
- Researchers in Milan showed that a three-week diet rich in tomato purée helped protect white blood cells.
- I had the braised venison in red wine and chocolate with fresh pasta and celeriac puree.
- Liquidise to give a smooth puree, then reheat; add 2 tablespoons sultanas.
- Tonny's serves what may be my favorite chile verde in town at the moment, a vast plate of fried pork simmered in a tart green purée, and the peppery fried catfish is quite good.
- Pass through a metal sieve, using a metal spoon to push the fruit puree through it.
- Instead of refined sugars, sweeteners like maple syrup, brown rice syrup, fruit juices and purees and powdered fruit sweeteners will do the job nicely.
- Add the kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, and cocoa powder, and then allow the mixture to simmer for as long as you like, stirring occasionally.
- I went for the bacon and cabbage terrine with leek puree, which came with frozen asparagus mousse and a single, perfectly cooked asparagus split in two.
- Blackcurrants are so intensely flavoured that you don't need much of their purée to make an ice cream.
1hacer un puré conpisar Venezuela River Plate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.