In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1moradovioletapúrpurahe turned purple with rage — se puso lívido de ira
- It makes the most delicious jam because of the richness of the purple colour and fruity taste.
- It opens with a borsch soup, a smooth and tangy beet broth served with a side of sour cream that melts into the bowl, marbling the intense purple colour.
- Greens and reds are typically caused by oxygen, while purple and blue colours are caused by nitrogen.
- He also came across the purple flower, right, named Bougainvillea, that thrives in the hot climate.
- She went back, and found another skirt, with a blue and purple flower imprint.
- I am wearing dark green and white with a purple scarf - suffragette colours.
- I called one our maids, Andrea, to go and put the blue and purple flowers in the drawing room.
- The moors are a huge open, treeless upland area covered in heather whose purple flowers can be seen from space when they bloom in late August.
- The variety ‘William III’ has double, rich purple flowers and chocolate hips and rarely tops 1m tall.
- Apart from the low ratio of glass to metal and the extremely tight overhang, the purple colour of the car was also added to make it more appealing to the youth.
- Bring the pan of water back to the boil and cook the linguini for three minutes - it will take on the purple colour.
- It was draped in black and topped with red, white and purple flowers.
- This is a wonderful plant, very strong growing and with lovely dark purple flowers in July and August.
- We pass through pretty forests of birch and pine trees, moss covered rocks and a haze of blue and purple flowers.
- Yellow, white and purple flowers ringed a stage in front of a jagged mountain of dark wreckage.
- The broccoli now has a tiny purple flower head, so hopefully that will grow nicely and I can have some home grown!
- The first thing I noticed in the area around me were tiny, white, yellow and purple flowers.
- The purple flowers have a golden centre and their silky-hairy texture adds an extra dimension to their appeal.
- They objected to the purple colour scheme, the spiky typeface and the use of stars, and asked for a prominent disclaimer making it clear the book was not officially endorsed.
- Here is an abundance of wild flowers: the orchids are especially prevalent, and produce small pink / purple carpets of colour.
1masculine moradomasculine violetamasculine púrpurato be raised to the purple — recibir la púrpura cardenalicia literary
- The colors are hypnotizing: the women are adorned with clothes of the deepest blues and purples and scorching reds and yellows.
- At the top of the stems there are tightly packed bracts of rich blues and purples surrounding clusters of purple-blue flowers in late spring and summer.
- Her hair was in those thick braids again - this time twisted with ribbons in hundreds of shades greens and blues and purples.
- The flames ate hungrily, and erupted into strange hues of purples and blues.
- The hazy, pastel colored memory faded and in bled blacks and reds and purples and blues.
- The emerging colour scheme in my garden is purples, silvers and blues.
- Consider a combination of red, orange yellow and orange for a striking fall layout, or a combination of icy blues and purples for a frosty winter page.
- Being a purple foliage lover, I am also fascinated by the deep purples and purples with slate blue overtones that have been developed in the flower colors.
- Suddenly, the doors opened not violently, and Landon walked in, fashioned in purples and blues.
- With each moment that passes, the sun's color shimmers and changes from startling purples and magentas to the soft hues of cornflower blue.
- This year we avoided the cheap boxes and instead went for new cultivars, all in blues and purples.
- My vision swims, a collection of purples and blues collect in front of me, my head feeling filled with air and I stumble, reaching my arm out, grabbing onto the rail shifting my weight onto it.
- The sun was now slowly fading, the sky filled with blues purples and light pinks.
- The sun had nearly finished setting, darker purples and blue were overtaking the sky.
- The rainbows moved and danced along the rock, turning the ordinary gray colors into reds, yellows, greens, blues and purples.
- The carpet was a mix of purples, blues greens and blacks.
- Colors range from pinks, purples, lavenders, blues and whites to vivid scarlet and butter yellow.
- They come in all sorts of colors, blues and greens and purples.
- Blues and purples also swept the sky, ending in a lush pink.
- Beautiful oranges and yellows, with texture filled reds and purples, the blue starry sky blending through to the setting sun.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.