In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1moradovioletapúrpurahe turned purple with rage — se puso lívido de ira
- This is a wonderful plant, very strong growing and with lovely dark purple flowers in July and August.
- She went back, and found another skirt, with a blue and purple flower imprint.
- I called one our maids, Andrea, to go and put the blue and purple flowers in the drawing room.
- The first thing I noticed in the area around me were tiny, white, yellow and purple flowers.
- The variety ‘William III’ has double, rich purple flowers and chocolate hips and rarely tops 1m tall.
- It was draped in black and topped with red, white and purple flowers.
- They objected to the purple colour scheme, the spiky typeface and the use of stars, and asked for a prominent disclaimer making it clear the book was not officially endorsed.
- We pass through pretty forests of birch and pine trees, moss covered rocks and a haze of blue and purple flowers.
- The purple flowers have a golden centre and their silky-hairy texture adds an extra dimension to their appeal.
- Yellow, white and purple flowers ringed a stage in front of a jagged mountain of dark wreckage.
- Bring the pan of water back to the boil and cook the linguini for three minutes - it will take on the purple colour.
- Greens and reds are typically caused by oxygen, while purple and blue colours are caused by nitrogen.
- Here is an abundance of wild flowers: the orchids are especially prevalent, and produce small pink / purple carpets of colour.
- The broccoli now has a tiny purple flower head, so hopefully that will grow nicely and I can have some home grown!
- He also came across the purple flower, right, named Bougainvillea, that thrives in the hot climate.
- It makes the most delicious jam because of the richness of the purple colour and fruity taste.
- I am wearing dark green and white with a purple scarf - suffragette colours.
- The moors are a huge open, treeless upland area covered in heather whose purple flowers can be seen from space when they bloom in late August.
- It opens with a borsch soup, a smooth and tangy beet broth served with a side of sour cream that melts into the bowl, marbling the intense purple colour.
- Apart from the low ratio of glass to metal and the extremely tight overhang, the purple colour of the car was also added to make it more appealing to the youth.
1masculine moradomasculine violetamasculine púrpurato be raised to the purple — recibir la púrpura cardenalicia literary
- At the top of the stems there are tightly packed bracts of rich blues and purples surrounding clusters of purple-blue flowers in late spring and summer.
- Blues and purples also swept the sky, ending in a lush pink.
- The sun had nearly finished setting, darker purples and blue were overtaking the sky.
- With each moment that passes, the sun's color shimmers and changes from startling purples and magentas to the soft hues of cornflower blue.
- Her hair was in those thick braids again - this time twisted with ribbons in hundreds of shades greens and blues and purples.
- Beautiful oranges and yellows, with texture filled reds and purples, the blue starry sky blending through to the setting sun.
- This year we avoided the cheap boxes and instead went for new cultivars, all in blues and purples.
- Consider a combination of red, orange yellow and orange for a striking fall layout, or a combination of icy blues and purples for a frosty winter page.
- The rainbows moved and danced along the rock, turning the ordinary gray colors into reds, yellows, greens, blues and purples.
- Suddenly, the doors opened not violently, and Landon walked in, fashioned in purples and blues.
- Colors range from pinks, purples, lavenders, blues and whites to vivid scarlet and butter yellow.
- The flames ate hungrily, and erupted into strange hues of purples and blues.
- The carpet was a mix of purples, blues greens and blacks.
- They come in all sorts of colors, blues and greens and purples.
- The emerging colour scheme in my garden is purples, silvers and blues.
- Being a purple foliage lover, I am also fascinated by the deep purples and purples with slate blue overtones that have been developed in the flower colors.
- The sun was now slowly fading, the sky filled with blues purples and light pinks.
- The hazy, pastel colored memory faded and in bled blacks and reds and purples and blues.
- My vision swims, a collection of purples and blues collect in front of me, my head feeling filled with air and I stumble, reaching my arm out, grabbing onto the rail shifting my weight onto it.
- The colors are hypnotizing: the women are adorned with clothes of the deepest blues and purples and scorching reds and yellows.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.