In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In such outbreaks, pneumococcal infections have included sepsis, meningitis, purulent conjunctivitis, recurrent otitis media and sinusitis.
- In patients with an obvious focus of infections (eg, purulent nasal discharge, abdominal tenderness, profuse green diarrhea), a focused diagnostic workup is required.
- The bacterium - which, when symptomatic, causes purulent discharge, dysuria, and urethritis - can also cause ascending infections leading to pelvic inflammatory disease and infertility.
- These complications include pleural infection or empyema, meningitis, purulent pericarditis, or endocarditis.
- There was swelling, tenderness, erythema, and slight purulent discharge from the lesion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.