In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Remarkably, he inoculated himself with pus from a suppurating bubo to fortify himself against bubonic plague.
- The pus is not infected but consists of white blood cells.
- There is a urethral discharge, yellow pus, mucus and pus or clear mucus at the opening.
- Occasionally blisters become infected, and are filled with yellow pus.
- An acute middle ear infection can cause a build up of pus and blood inside the middle ear, which may feel very uncomfortable.
- In some cases, the doctor may need to remove pus and debris from the ear with gentle cleaning or suction.
- The formation of pus as a result of infected tissue around the anus or rectum.
- The effect is perhaps marginally greater in the samples of surgical pus than in the empyema pus.
- The surrounding tissue swells up and thin pus leaks through narrow passages called sinuses onto the surface of the skin.
- Signs and symptoms of an abscess include swelling and redness, pus, and fever.
- The head may break, and the boil may begin to drain pus, blood, or an amber-colored liquid.
- The areas will usually appear red and purple with yellow pus or clear yellow liquid on the surface.
- In two patients the organism was isolated from pus as well as blood.
- The tonsils and the back of the throat may look red, swollen and dotted with whitish or yellowish patches of pus.
- The skin over these swollen lymph nodes may become warm and red, and occasionally the lymph nodes drain pus.
- Sinus drainage is the draining of mucus or pus (present as a result of infection) from the nasal sinuses.
- When the bone is infected, pus is produced within the bone.
- This causes immense pain because in the night, blood, pus, and water from the skin leak out to form a dry crust on the outside of the open weave bandages.
- Also very rarely, sinusitis can spread to form a pocket of pus in an eye socket, the brain or a facial bone.
- The bacteria or fungi, along with infected brain cells and pus, mass together in one area of the brain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.