In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(controls/telephone/operation) de botones
- There are no dials, it's a push-button thing: push for on/off or to change the radio station or turn the volume up or down.
- The economics of this kind of transaction suggest that the day of the tinkerer is over, its end hastened by specialization, easy disposability, and push-button electronics that nobody really understands.
- It also offers switch plates and push-button wall switches.
- This circuit consists of a push-button switch and a jack into which the sticks are plugged.
- I am also a blogger - a citizen journalist or push-button publisher - and it as both part-time citizen and blogger that I write to you now.
- After several minutes, a live operator comes on the line; subject admits to his inability to properly utilize a push-button phone.
- It's practically a push-button reflex with you.
- Back the we were delighted to get rid of it in return for a push-button phone, but now it has a certain charm and I could imagine it going very well in my lounge.
- There is an electronic, push-button steering lock - Bentley owners are, it seems, too posh to push.
- Contractors can load the device, lift it (by using either a toggle switch control or an optional push-button remote), pin it in place, strap down the load, and drive away.
- Releasing Sara's hand, Gwin ran to the front door and pointed at a push-button switch to the left.
- Everyone can make mistakes, particularly when their job is to be a pundit for the push-button future.
- The PC may be king now, but in time that will change as the technology is imbedded into a wide variety of push-button devices around the home.
- There are four blocks, each with front doors that had a push-button intercom system.
- Chronically short of musicians for military funerals, the Pentagon has approved the use of a push-button bugle that plays taps by itself as the operator holds it to his lips.
- This souped-up model has dual speeds, push-button control options, and a two-minute timer that beeps every 30 seconds as a reminder to move on.
- With the luxury of push-button devices, DJs and truck-borne musicians increased music speed on demand or at will.
- Ensign Nelson stared up at the three-story computer core, something covered with blinking lights and archaic push-button interfaces, a system not seen in the Federation since the War of Darkness.
- There was a peculiar looking red cone connected to the push-button control.
- A push-button pad enables mode selection, functional control and the setting of audio and visual alarm thresholds for both dose rate and mission dose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.